From 24th September to 4th October | Santiago de Compostela
In collaboratioon with
#OutraCompostela is an activity focused on vocational and professional education within the scope of the cinema, designed and programmed by Curtocircuíto. It is the result of the collaboration between the Curtocircuíto Festival, the University of Santiago de Compostela, the Film Commission and the Council of of Equality, Economic Development and Tourism. Facing the most evident and touristic side of the city, #OutraCompostela aims to show the less natural and visible sides and edges of the place we inhabit.
Who is it for?
The activity, set in each edition of the festival that has a creative and experimental nature, is aimed at students at the USC, specifically at the School of Communication Sciences (Journalism, Audiovisual Communication Degrees and double degree).
What does it consist of?
Participating students will develop an audiovisual piece that will allow them to put into practice the knowledge and skills acquired at the school. This is an experience in which there will be the opportunity to take on experimentation and risks.
The theme of this edition: The trilogy of Ulrich Seidl
We will start with the Paradise trilogy by Ulrich Seidl, Guest Director of Curtocircuíto 2018, where we reflect on three concepts such as love, faith and hope. We will get inspiration, specifically from the subject of faith and tourism, filming these concepts from the reality of Santiago de Compostela, portraying the city in an exercise that can mix documentary and fiction.
The work methodology of the filmmaker must be taken into account:
- The use of real characters in real environments.
- The use of open scripts, in which only the scene is defined and the people/actors improvise the texts and the action.
- Use of only diegetic music.
- The use of tableaux in which frontality and symmetry prevail in the composition of the frame and the camera shot.
General conditions for participation
- Before filming the audiovisual piece, participants will have to watch one of Ulrich Seidl’s films: Paradise: Love or Paradise: Faith.
- Participation will be carried out in teams, with a maximum of 5 teams consisting of a minimum of three people and a maximum of five people each.
- All audiovisual pieces must be recorded in the city of Santiago de Compostela.
- The School of Communication Sciences will provide the necessary equipment for filming the pieces: i-Right - microphone - pole - cable - editing/post-production.
- Each participant will receive, just for their participation, season tickets to the screenings for the 15th Edition of Curtocircuíto.
- Only participants that belong to the School of Communication Sciences can obtain 1 ECTS credit for their participation in Outra Compostela.
- Students that wish to participate must send the following information on each of the members of their group to the e-mail address email@example.com
- First name and surname(s)
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- DNI (National Identity Card No.)
- Course and grade in which you are enrolled
Requirements for registration
- The minimum run time of the pieces submitted will be 3 minutes and, the maximum, 5 minutes.
- Each of the pieces must be sent via Wetransfer or any other platform for sending data and files online.
- The deadline for sending pieces will be 4th October at 11:59 p.m.
- The technical specifications for delivery of the pieces will be as follows:
- Digital file .mov or .mp4
- FULL HD 1920 × 1080 or HD 1280 × 720 resolution
- H264 Codec
- Bitrate from 8000 to 40000 kbit
- Audio AAC stereo at 384 kbps
- The file can not exceed 2 GB in weight
- The Curtocircuíto Festival and the Council of Equality, Economic Development and Tourism reserve the right to reproduce, in whole or in part, the pieces submitted for the competition and the authors of the works agree to these terms and conditions.
- Moreover, the Curtocircuíto Festival reserves the right to publish, on the exclusive web page Tumblr Outra Compostela, the pieces participating in this edition.